In the world of creative entertaining, the dawning of spring is a gloriously anticipated event. Spring means the return of picnics, garden parties, outdoor evenings with cocktails and dessert by the fire, and endlessly stunning floral displays.
Floral arrangements are the perfect way to take your table from visually subpar to gorgeous in one step. And for an even more interesting take on centerpieces, displaying flowers in a non-traditional fashion can take your table from pretty, straight to inspiring. (See Dinner Table Decor For All Seasons for a flying floral display that will take your breath away!).
How To Fold A Napkin Into A Flower Easily
Spring is a time for opulence, decadence and over-the-top beauty in the tablescape department. From the stems to the linens, coordination is your secret weapon. Display a bountiful array of florals on and off your plates, with this beautiful floral napkin fold.
- Begin with a cloth napkin, preferably square.
- Place the napkin so that it is square with your body.
- Fold your napkin in half horizontally, and run your finger along the fold; unfold.
- Fold your napkin in half vertically, and run your finger along the fold; unfold.
- This should give you clear guidelines to fold by.
- Take hold of the top left-hand corner of your napkin and fold it into the center (where your two guidelines intersect).
- Repeat this process with the other three corners, until you have a square.
- Rotate the napkin so that it faces you as a diamond shape; a point facing you, facing away from you, and one facing each hand.
- Fold each corner into the center again, creating a smaller, more compact square.
- Carefully flip your napkin over.
- Take hold of each corner and fold it into the center, following your guidelines.
- Rotate so that your napkin once again faces you as a diamond shape.
- Carefully press down in the center of your fold to hold the folded corners in place in the middle.
- With the opposite hand, reach underneath the first corner, and gently pull up on the loose flap of fabric.
- Continue pulling from underneath until it appears as a petal.
- Repeat this process with the following three corners.
- And voila! You have expertly executed the lotus flower napkin fold.
By far one of our favorite ways to display napkins, the lotus fold is simple to accomplish, chic and intricate －an instant classic from our table to yours. Combine this flower fold with a beautiful array of tablescapes and settings. It can be sweet and whimsical, used to bring a light air to your dinner party; or luxurious and classy, the finishing touch to a deep and moving display. Set a lotus on each plate, or fold an array of colors and allow guests to choose from a mound of beautiful florals as an added personal touch.
Signature Napkins dinner napkins are perfect for this fold. Made of sturdy but flexible cotton and linen, these napkins fold easily, and hold shape delightfully well! Use these napkins, sold in a variety of stunning colors to create a floral display that will make your table stand out.
For your next event, consider choosing the Forbes Travel Guide official Linen cocktail napkin of 2017 Signature Napkins for your napkin needs. They come in a variety of colors and shades perfect for any beverage or meal to be served.