Love is a beautiful thing. And with the advent of spring, love is in the air! As you entertain this season, put a little extra love into each place setting with this darling fold—perfect for spicing up a simple tablescape, putting the finishing touches on an elaborate spread, or delighting your guests at a children's party. The heart fold is a timeless classic sure to please, no matter the audience.
How To Fold A Napkin Into A Heart: Basic Instructions
- Begin with a cloth napkin, preferably square.
- Position the napkin so that it is square to your body.
- Fold your napkin perfectly in half, and run your finger along the fold, creating a marked line.
- Fold the top portion of your napkin down to line up with the middle seam.
- Fold the bottom portion up to line up with the middle seam.
- The top and bottom flaps should meet in the middle, lined up with, and covering the original seam-line created.
- Fold this in half: take hold of the bottom corners of your napkin, and fold them up to meet the top corners; keeping your original meeting-point seam aligned as the bottom facing you.
- Your napkin should now appear as a very long, horizontal rectangle.
- Fold this in half: Take hold of the right-hand side of your rectangle, and fold it onto the left-hand side.
- Unfold; this should leave another measuring-line seam.
- Place your left-hand pointer finger on the bottom of your napkin, and the bottom of this seam line.
- Take hold of the right-hand side of your napkin and fold up, pulling against your finger.
- Repeat this process with the left-hand side of the napkin.
- This should leave you with a point facing you, and the flat napkin tails facing away from you.
- You should see the bottom portion of your heart taking shape.
- Gently flip your napkin over.
- Take hold of the top right-hand corner flap and fold down towards the open center, slightly tucking it into the bottom pocket.
- Repeat this process on the left-hand side.
- This should create more volume and depth to your heart shape.
- Carefully flip your napkin back over.
- The hearts bottom point should be facing you, with the napkins flat tails facing away.
- Take hold of the top right hand corner and slightly tuck underneath.
- Move your fingers a little farther along the top of the right-hand side, and tuck under again.
- Tuck the remaining corner of the right-hand side of your heart underneath.
- The full right-hand side of your heart should now be rounded.
- Repeat this process on the left hand side.
- Gently fluff the individual sides to give your heart a puffy appearance.
- Voila! You have accomplished the heart fold!
This lovely fold is simple and quickly accomplished; perfect to liven up any place setting. Add a little romance to your spring affair with hearts all around. Charming for all ages and venues; delight your guests big and small with a tablescape featuring this cleverly folded heart-shaped napkin.
For your next event, consider choosing the Forbes Travel Guide official Linen cocktail napkin of 2017 Signature Napkins for your napkin needs. They come in a variety of colors and shades perfect for any beverage or meal to be served.