With the advent of spring comes new life, new love, and new parties. The sun is beginning to shine, the grass is turning green, and this short but sweet season of the year is, in a word, fresh －which is also exactly what your entertaining should be.
Whether it is a childrens party that calls for the perfect and fun finishing touch or a gathering of guests and clients, give them something to talk about! As you host parties, invite friends and throw soirees in the crisp spring evenings to come, doing something cute and fresh will surprise and delight your guests. Any easy way to accomplish this task? The art of napkin folding.
Never underestimate the power of the intricately folded napkin. This functional fabric can be the making of a properly planned tablescape; and the enjoyable centerpiece of evening conversation. Still, napkin folding can confound even the most seasoned of hosts, so we have taken it upon ourselves to demystify it with these simple steps on how to achieve the timeless and adorable napkin bunny.
How To Fold A Napkin Into A Bunny: Simple Steps
Demystifying The Bunny: Step 1
Though this fold may at first appear complex, we have broken it into 6 simple steps.
- Begin with a cloth napkin, preferably square.
- Fold the bottom third of the napkin up.
- Fold the top third down, over-top of the other flap.
- Your napkin should now be evenly folded into a long tube shape, consisting of folded thirds.
How To Fold A Napkin Into A Bunny: Step 2
- Place your finger in the bottom center of your tube-shape.
- Take hold of the right-hand, bottom corner and fold it up, pulling the fabric tension against your finger.
- Repeat this process with the left-hand, bottom corner.
- The pointed portion should be nearest to you, the flat portion parallel.
- Your napkin should now roughly look like a large paper airplane.
How To Fold A Napkin Into A Bunny: Step 3
- Grasp the top, right-hand corner, and fold towards the center-line of your airplane; creating a diamond-esque shape.
- Repeat this process with the left-hand corner.
- Your napkin should now look a bit like a fluffy folded diamond.
How To Fold A Napkin Into A Bunny: Step 4
- Take the right-hand corner and fold it into the center-line.
- Repeat this with the left-hand corner.
- Your napkin should now be quite tightly folded, resembling the shape of a traditional kite.
How To Fold A Napkin Into A Bunny: Step 5
- Rotate your kite shape so that the thicker end faces left, the thinner faces right.
- Fold the remaining broad points of your kite-shape into the center, overlapping each other.
- You should be starting to recognize the shape of your bunny's ears.
How To Fold A Napkin Into A Bunny: Step 6
- Take a ribbon, string, or elastic, and tie it around the overlapping portions of the napkin.
- Flip your napkin over, and place it ears-side up.
- Grasping the bottom flap with both hands, use your thumbs to maneuver the cloth, folding it back on itself to become the bunny nose and mouth area.
- You now have a very well-constructed bunny!
- Keep it crisp and well-contained, or pull on the ears and move the fabric a bit to give it a more lifelike, floppy-eared appearance.
And there you have it!
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your tablescape or theme for the evening. Make an abundance of these adorable napkin-creatures; mixing and matching colors to give the appearance of a herd of baby rabbits overtaking the decorative spread. For additional bunny-like features, try using a ribbon and hot-glue to attach a pom-pom or cotton ball as a tail. Your guests will find these functional favors adorable. Don’t be surprised if this spring finds you teaching guests how to recreate this festive favor.
For your next event, consider choosing the Forbes Travel Guide official Linen cocktail napkin of 2017 Signature Napkins for your napkin needs. They come in a variety of colors and shades perfect for any beverage or meal to be served.